Review: Between Rock and a Hard Place - M.J Schiller



Between Rock and a Hard Place (Rocking Romance, #3)


Review: Between Rock and a Hard Place - Book #3 Rocking Romance Series - M.J Schiller - November 2013

 
Each book is a standalone story and Between Rock and a Hard Place by MJ Schiller will bring you not only a Rock Star and a Romance storyline but also a stalker, obsessive loved ones, and a serial killer. Detective Heath McGowan aka Hawk is a single father cop who is the best they have, and he has been called into the murder of singer Jasmine aka Jazz's best friend Patricia Norman aka Tricia. While it seems that Jazz was in the shower and her Uncle Brody on the phone in his bedroom down the hall Jazz's best friend was being murdered. I have to admit that this to me was a little suspect as I think if my friend were getting murdered down the hallway from me, they would be screaming pretty loudly. The killer is obviously someone obsessed with wanting Jazz and will kill anyone who gets in their way.  Unlike other murder mysteries, I've read before I did pin the killer in this book quite quickly, in fact, it was a tad too quick for my liking as I like a bit more of anticipation and having the killer revealed blindsiding me. During the solving of the crime and other people dying,  Hawk and Jazz start up a relationship which again to me felt a little unplausible as Police are not supposed to get romantically involved with current investigations. I have seen enough TV shows and read enough crime mysteries to note that. However, I did love the interaction between Jazz and Hawk's son Jack, and it would have to be Jack's character that stole the show for me. Overall Between Rock and a Hard Place was a good mix of Romance and  Mystery; I have to admit to me it was slower than I expected and found a few too many plot holes for myself. In saying that I also expected more as I have read the other three books in this series and rated them 4 -5P's whereas Between Rock and a Hard Place only scores a 3.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid